Refacing your cabinets is a great way to update the look of your kitchen without doing a complete remodel. This process involves replacing the cabinet doors and drawer fronts, potentially changing your hardware, and “skinning” your cabinet boxes with a new, durable veneer. Refacing can give your kitchen a fresh new look without the high cost of a full renovation. Here are some things you can do when you reface your cabinets.
- Choose a new style of cabinet doors: Refacing your cabinets gives you the opportunity to completely change the style of your doors. You can choose from a variety of styles, including shaker, raised panel, flat panel, and more. By selecting a new style, you can completely transform the look of your kitchen.
- Change your hardware: Another way to update the look of your cabinets is by changing your hardware. Because new doors and drawer fronts are installed, you can do completely different hardware and not have to worry about matching pre-existing holes.
- Choosing a new wood type: Refacing also involves adding new veneers to the cabinet boxes. This enables you to completely change the look of your cabinets. Dated, honey oak cabinets can easily be transformed into pristine white or rustic walnut. Skies the limit with our vast selection.
- Add lighting: Lighting can make a big difference in the look and feel of your kitchen. Consider adding under-cabinet lighting to showcase your new cabinets and create a warm, inviting atmosphere. LED lights are energy-efficient and come in a variety of colors, so you can choose the ones that best fit your kitchen design.
- Consider new countertops: While refacing your cabinets, you may want to consider replacing your countertops as well. This goes a long way to updating the look and feel of your kitchen. There are many different materials to choose from, including granite, quartz, and laminate.
- Make small changes to your layout: While we don’t provide plumbing and electrical services or remove structural walls we can do small remodeling tasks such as adding additional cabinets, mounting microwaves, adding trim, integrating wine fridges, and more.
In conclusion, refacing your cabinets is a cost-effective way to update the look of your kitchen. With a 3-5 install timeframe you can update the look of your kitchen with minimal disruption to your home. Take a look at our website to see our kitchen transformations. Start planning your cabinet refacing project by scheduling an appointment today!